Every attempted and completed action taken to your data is now an auditable event.
Organizations face an ever increasing number of data security threats and information security standards and regulations.
Data breaches exposed more than 4 billion records in the first half of 2019, with three incidents making it on the list of the ten largest data breaches of all time.¹ Breaches of all sizes not only damage an organization’s reputation and increase the risk of losing business and valuable intellectual property, they also open organizations to significant legal disputes and compensation claims from angry consumers.
- The average total cost of a data breach is $3.92 million²
- Breaches arising from malicious attacks cost organizations $4.45 million on average²
- Breaches caused by human error cost an average of $3.5 million²
On top of defending against a growing number of internal and external data security threats, most organizations must also comply with several information security related standards and regulations, from PCI and ISO 2700 to Sarbanes-Oxley and GDPR.
Failing to comply with these regulations can be more expensive than recovering from a data breach. GDPR fines and penalties range up to €20 million or 4% of an organization’s worldwide annual revenue for the prior financial year, whichever is higher.³
To avoid costly data breaches and non-compliance fines and penalties, organizations must adopt a data security approach that features persistent data protection, easy to manage access control policies, and an auditable trail of every action taken on data.
A Transparent Solution to Data Tracking and Compliance
SecureCircle’s patented Data Access Security Broker (DASB) gives you control of your data, while turning every action to your data into an auditable event. DASB is a completely transparent data-centric protection solution, which not only provides a data log that becomes auditable when integrated with your SIEM, but also enables mapping to a wide variety of compliance requirements pertaining to data visibility/tracking and protection/encryption.
SecureCircle enables businesses to identify the who, what, where, why, and when any action to your data – such as read, write, copy, or move – occurred, without interrupting existing workflows or tools. With DASB, your organization can:
- Use your existing dashboard
- See syslog output of every action that happened to your data, integrated with your log aggregation or SIEM tools
Visibility even extends to any derivative works created. DASB’s patented DerivativeWorks understands the DNA of a protected file. When similar DNA is found in another file, DASB DerivativeWorks automatically protects the new file with the same access rights as the original file, enabling your organization to protect new derivatives and clean up existing messes. Data is never sent to SecureCircle.
SecureCircle assists organizations in mapping to a variety of compliance requirements, including but not limited to:
- NIST 800-53
- ISO 27000-1
1. Risk Based Security, MidYear QuickView Data Breach Report, https://pages.riskbasedsecurity.com/2019-midyear-databreach-quickview-report, 2019
2. IBM, Cost of a Data Breach Report, https://databreachcalculator.mybluemix.net/executive-summary/, 2019
3. GDPREU.org, https://www.gdpreu.org/compliance/fines-and-penalties, Accessed November 2019